- The problems of radioactive waste remain insoluble, the responsibilities are appalling already.
- Accident and terrorism to nuclear stations could render large areas of the UK uninhabitable.
- 60 years of nuclear power have failed to produce an industry capable of adequately reducing risks.
- The cost of new nuclear would starve the development of benign renewable energy sources.
- The life-cycle carbon emissions of nuclear are far higher than the Government have calculated.
- During the long build-time of nuclear, huge unmitigated carbon emissions would occur.
- Nuclear stations would not come on stream in time to avoid run-away climate change.
- Three flawed public consultations gave no mandate for nuclear build.
The Way Forward: The Safe, Benign, Non-Polluting Renewables – Wind, Wave, Tidal Solar, Bio-Mass. Coupled With Energy Conservation. Energy Efficiency.